Cindy Yan Chan joined Focus Media (China) holdings Co. in Aug. 2005, as Chief Strategy Officer of this largest lifestyle media group in China. In 2018, she is appointed as Chief Information Officer.
As a top management team member, Cindy is responsible of the integration of acquired companies, privatization from NASDAQ and IPO in China’s stock market. With her excellent skill in management, she cooperated with more than 3000 brands including Benz, BMW, Apple, Samsung, Siemens, Unilever, P&G, Baidu, Tencent, Alibaba, and JD.
With over decades of dedication in China’s media market, and experience as one of the earliest Chinese senior executives in international 4A group, Cindy contributes her media insights, consumer insights and market insights. With Kantar Media Research, she pioneered InfoSys OOH Assessment System, which is the best world outdoor TV audience rating system today. Teamed up with Mill ward Brown, she promoted Mix Reach system, the first multi-screen assessment tool in China, which evaluates media effectiveness cross screens from home TV, outdoor TV, PC to mobile phones.
In 2000-2005, Cindy worked for Zenith Media, Publicis. She orchestrated the outdoor team, the biggest outdoor team at the time and acted as deputy General Manager of China. She established a standard work procedure including media planning, arguing, buying and researching. Her work processes is still widely used by 4A group today. With her introduction of OSCAR, the outdoor media-evaluation system from UK, Cindy modified it to fit China's environment and eventually made OSCARTM the first quantitative evaluation system for outdoor media in China. In addition, she also established a national information base of outdoor media and national outdoor media monitoring system. Her efforts and developments contributed to the rapid growth of outdoor advertising market in China.
- 2017, China Advertising Outstanding Contribution Award
- 2017, Speak on New York Festivals, Cannes International Creative Festival, London International Advertising Awards
- 2017, Speak on South Asian Women Development Forum
- 2016, On behalf of China to speak at the Global Summit of Women
- 2016, Campaign A-List
- 2014, One of the 3 from China to speak at the World Advertisement Forum
- 2012, Man of The Year, The China most influential Advertisements by China Advertisement Association.
- Vice-president of China Advertising Association
- Vice-director of China Advertising Association Academic Committee
- Researcher of National advertising research institute
- Chief Editor of China Advertising Market Report
- Chief Editor of China Film Industry Development Trends Report
- Executive Jury of New York Advertising Awards, 2018
- Final Jury of AD STARS, 2018/2017
- President of Final Judgment of IAI Festivals, 2018
- Vice-President of Final Judgment of SHIAF, 2018
- President of Final Judgment of Greater Effie Awards, 2017/2016
- Final Jury of Hong Kong Effie Awards, 2017/2016
- President of Jury of China Yellow River Awards, 2017
- President of Media Jury of 4A's Golden Seal Awards, 2012
- Adjunct Professor of Communication University of China and Shanghai International Studies University